When it’s cold outside, it can be quite easy to catch cold or get into other ailments because the weather makes you more susceptible to these. Cold, flu, cough and fever are some of the common illnesses that the cold and rainy weather makes us vulnerable to. Fortunately, there are natural ways to build up your immunity so that you do not succumb to illness during the monsoon season.
- Daily massage: Daily self-massage with warm sesame or sunflower oil not only strengthens and nourishes your skin but also provides an enhanced sense of well-being and keeps the body warm and safe from any infections.
- Healing spices: Use spices like cardamom, pepper, ginger, cumin, turmeric and cinnamon while preparing food. These power-packed spices have immunity-boosting properties and help you stay protected by building up your immunity.
- Rasayanas: The concept of rasayanas relates to healing, rejuvenating herbs that can help your body gain stamina, immunity and strength to fight diseases over time. Some of these include ashwagandha, tulsi, triphala, amla and turmeric. For a great supplement to your diet, you can also try a herbal formulation like the Pankajakasthuri Breathe Eazy range to boost up immunity.
- Exercise: Keeping your body active is very important. Exercise reduces the production of cortisol, the stress hormone, and also makes your body more capable of fighting off infections. Try some brisk walking, jogging, yoga or join a gym.
- Relaxing baths: Take a relaxing bath with some essential oils like rosemary, cinnamon, pine or lavender so that you feel refreshed. You can also use Epsom salt. A warm bath always helps during the cold or rainy season.
These were some of the ways in which you can build up immunity and stay healthy and fit no matter what season it is. If you’d like some more information on natural, herbal products, visit us here.